Sunday, November 7, 2010

So many books, so little time.

0 Comments


I love to read. I can't stress that enough. Emily Giffin is one of the authors I am really fond of. Her talent lies in making her characters are easy to relate to and believable. I kept walking by her books for some years with a fair amount of curiosity. I thought it would just be another typical love story. Yes, I know.. Don't judge a book by its cover.. but come on? book covers sometimes has influence on people too. Anyways, I heard really good reviews about the books.. the same went for Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. Which by the way, annoyed me the heck out of me since the character kept making the same mistakes over and over again. I knew just because I didn't like the books of one author with good reviews, I shouldn't look at other authors that way. Otherwise, I shouldn't ever read!

I finally picked it up one day when I was book hunting. I love to bargain hunt. In the beginning of 2010, I had gone inside Value Village in Mississauga for the first time. I discovered a fairly large selection of used books. I remember Fiction hard covers were sold for $1.99 and buy 4, get the 5th for free! LOL, oh the joy. I came out with 12 books that day.

After that, I tried the The Salvation Army's Thrift store which sold paperbacks for $0.99, soft covers for $2.99 and hard covers for 3.99! I was absolutely in love. After some time.. I found Something Borrowed, Something Blue in soft cover and Baby Proof  in hard cover in one day. I was expecting to pay $7.97 and that's when the cashier had told me that would be $3.97! I stood there dumbfounded thinking "Say whaat?", haha I HAD to ask WHY?! She said the two books were $0.99 each. I finally left and boy I was very happy. To this day, I still think she thought they were just paperbacks. Hm? Oh well. No complaints here.

I read Love the one you're with before the other books. I got the hardcover off Chapters online for under $10. I thought that was a lovely story. After reading the books, I grew fond of Emily Giffin. I think her work is really good and well written. I would definitely recommend her books to others who enjoys chick lit. Now I just need to get my hands on her latest novel, Heart of the Matter.

P.S. I cannot wait for Something Borrowed and Something Blue MOVIES to come out! The cast includes Kate Hudson, Colin Farrell, John Krasinski, Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield. How exciting is that?!
Like I said before.. So many books, So little time.

xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment