Friday, November 26, 2010

Easy to make Crêpes

0 Comments


(Crêpes with Pecans and drizzled with Maple Butter Syrup.)

Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are my days off. I had a sudden urge to make Crêpes today. Crêpes are very thin cooked pancakes that can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. The common ingredients include flour, milk, eggs, butter and a pinch of salt. Crêpes originated from Brittany, a region in the northwest of France. They're served with variety of fillings from the most simple with only sugar to flambéed Crêpes Suzette or elaborate savoury fillings. Click Here for the recipe.

(Crêpes au Sucre)

I remember when I was a kid and lived in the Phillipines, there was this lady going around our area selling these pancakes otherwise known as "hotcakes" with butter spread and sugar. I absolutely loved it. I know it isn't just a regular pancake, I'm still hunting down the recipe. However, Crêpes are the only thing that comes close. Besides, the ingredients are basic kitchen ingredients and they're so simple to make! YUM!

xoxo,
k

0 comments:

Post a Comment